BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 13, 2010

Cake Pop Carnage.

This is what I get for trying to follow a recipe described to me the day before in two sentences, from those two sentences.

All started out well. First I made my classic chocolate cake. (If you want the recipe, I posted it a while back. See 'The Chocolate Cake'.) Since it is a never-fail kind of thing, it turned out beautifully.

Then I made a batch of icing (not the one which usually goes with the cake, I'll post this later perhaps). This particular frosting is very time consuming. You have to melt bakers chocolate, add icing sugar and egg whites and various other bits, all while trying not to burn it. I ruined the first batch waiting for dad to go get eggs. Whoops! Should have made sure I had everything before I started I guess. But round two was delicious, and just the right amount!

Next you crumble up that beautiful cake (I know, it was hard for me too.) and pour in the icing. Mix it well, then shape into timbit sized balls and place them on a cookie sheet. If you don't know what a timbit is....*sigh*...It's a doughnut hole.

Then you melt the coloured chocolate and first dip the candy sticks in this, then into the balls so that the melted chocolate acts like a glue. Up to this point all was well, as you can see. I was very proud of my verbal recipe following skills.

I cannot describe what happened next. So I will show you.
*Gasp* I can't watch!


*Sob* Is it over? *Uncovers eyes*
We will never speak of this massacre again. At least they still tasted good....

No comments: