BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Assistant Administrator:

I was working with my mother this morning at a seminar for the family physicians of the IWK. Just administrative work: you know, handing out receipts, making sure everyone has a name tag, directing tech support and testing the food for poison. Plus I got paid.

It was pretty neat actually. The docs are all really fun, and the first presentation was 'Maternal Health in Third world Countries', very interesting. Then was 'Obesity and Pregnancy' and after that I got bored and stopped listening...stuff about new drugs and vitamin D I think.

You know you're at a maternal health seminar when a vendor is running around at eight in the morning yelling "Has anyone seen my plastic vagina!?" The poor concierge nearly fainted from embarrassment when he found out that this was the contents of the box he had helped her carry up haha.

The food was so good! I'm sure I've said this before, but I love Scanway! Pumpkin soup, vegetable strudel and creme brule! Yumm!

And mom got a set of martini glasses from Nova Scotia Crystal as a thank-you for all her work organizing it. Just beautiful!

No comments: