BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Why is Father's Day in June? A month after Mother's Day someone said 'Hey, wait a second...'

We celebrated Father's Day one day early at my house this year. This is because Geoff leaves with a friend for Prince Edward Island tomorrow, and Dad really wanted him to be here. Can you say awwwww?

I got him a smoker-box for his barbecue and some hickory wood chips. If you're wondering what a smoker-box is, you're not alone. He had to physically take me to the store that sells them a week before Father's Day, point and say 'that thingy there' before I even had a clue what he meant.

But I did get to exercise my creativity somewhat. I chose hickory woodchips. Instead of say apple. Or cherry. Oh the wildness.

Geoff got him a grilling basket for veggies, and Mom got him a shirt and tie. He got all teary and everything.

For dinner we had homemade ribs and caesar salade. I made tira-misu for dessert. It turned out pretty good, although I would reccommend not using the lady fingers from Sobeys, they were oddly flavoured.

Here's the recipe: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/easy-tiramisu/Detail.aspx
If you make it, I would highly suggest the following: make one cup of homemade whipped cream (not Coolwhip!) and add it to the mascarpone cheese mixture before layering. This will make certain that the cream is never runny without changing the flavour. :)

No comments: