BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Grandmother's Ring.

As you may know if you have been reading my previous posts, my grandmother died not long ago. Among the things she left for me was a small gold ring with a cluster of three tiny diamonds on either side of the main stone. This had originally been a lab-created emerald, little more than coloured glass I am told. Unfortunately, at some point the emerald fell out of its setting and was chipped, rendered unuseable. She had taped it to a piece of cardboard and left it in her jewelery box.

It was important to her, a gift from my gradfather who died when I was 10 or 11. She was very sad that it couldn't be repaired.

My parents decided that, as a graduation gift, they would get the ring re-set for me with the stone of my choice (within reason of course). We went today to have it done.
I really struggled with the choice of stone. My grandmother had loved it as an emerald, but I knew that would limit how much I would be able to wear it.

I ended up choosing Tanzanite, one of my personal favourites. The ring still reminds me of my grandmother, but it has a little of my personality as well.

They still have it at the moment, I will put up a picture once I get it back tomorrow. But it is supposed to look something like this:

No comments: