BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Wave Over Wave, Sea Over Bow

I never thought I could change this much in only two weeks. At the beginning I was so homesick for my friends and family. By the end, the crew of the STV Unicorn had become my friends and family, as corny as it sounds. I cried so much when the time came to leave. I even hope to go again next year!

And believe me when I say this. If ever I come into a substantial amount of money, whether through my own hard work or by luck alone, a large chunk of it is so going to Sisters Under Sail so that other girls can have the same experience for years to come. In the words of Dawn Santamaria, our boat-mom, "This ain't no cruise sister, it's the experience of a lifetime."







p.s.: It must be said, however, that I never thought I'd be so happy to see a real bathroom as I was when I got home! Who knew being able to shower everyday, or even every other day, would feel like a luxury reserved for royalty!

No comments: